From Blighty to Baghdad

The Genealogy of the Smith/Lincoln Family

Marriages

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





St Phillips Church (1810-1856)

The original St Phillips was built by orders of the colony's first chaplain, the Reverend Richard Johnson, using convict labour in June 1793. The wattle and daub construction church was later burnt down by convicts in 1798. The second St Phillips was made from poor materials and had a 150-feet high, round clock tower unfortunately it gained a reputation as "the ugliest church in Christendom".


Owner/SourceState Library of NSW
File nameSt_Philips_Church_Hill_Sydney_Original_Building 1.jpg
File Size294.59k
Dimensions800 x 538
Linked toCharlotte Bromley

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next»     » Slide Show