From Blighty to Baghdad

The Genealogy of the Smith/Lincoln Family

Marriages

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 18 19 20 21 22     » Slide Show

Loading...





St. Johns Church of England, Parramatta

On 9 November 1802 Governor King declared that the church being built at Parramatta would be named as St John in honour of the former governor, John Hunter. The new St John's was opened on 10 April 1803 when Reverend Marsden performed Divine Service for the first time, the church was described as being sizeable, handsome and well finished though the pews were to yet to be installed. The original Church was stuccoed brick and was more than likely built by convict labourers. Due to drainage problems the church was under a state of constant repair and alteration and in 1841 the church was heavily damaged after a fierce storm and a program of major restoration was commenced.


Owner/SourceState Library of NSW (Drawings in Sydney)
File namest johns parramatta.jpg
File Size993.25k
Dimensions1400 x 1053

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 18 19 20 21 22     » Slide Show