From Blighty to Baghdad

The Genealogy of the Smith/Lincoln Family

Marriages


Matches 1 to 22 of 22     » See Gallery

   

 #   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
1
First Congregational Church
First Congregational Church
760 Pandora Street, Victoria, British Columbia, Victoria 
 
2
Marriage Certificate Grahame and Alma Smith nee Hill
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.) 
 
3
Marriage Certificate James and Charlotte Peck nee Bromley
Marriage Certificate James and Charlotte Peck nee Bromley
 
 
4
Marriage Certificate Robert and Betsy Smith nee Porter
Marriage Certificate Robert and Betsy Smith nee Porter
 
 
5
Marriage Certificate William and Delia Smith nee Lord
Marriage Certificate William and Delia Smith nee Lord
 
 
6
Marriage Certificate William and Isabella Smith nee Goodwin
Marriage Certificate William and Isabella Smith nee Goodwin
 
 
7
Marriage Daniel Lane and Annie Benson
Marriage Daniel Lane and Annie Benson
Marriage Register County Courthouse, San Francisco, California, United States 
 
8
Marriage Henry Hargreaves and Susannah Blomley
Marriage Henry Hargreaves and Susannah Blomley
 
 
9
Marriage James Collins and Mary Ann Benson
Marriage James Collins and Mary Ann Benson
 
 
10
Marriage James Levar and Sarah Benson
Marriage James Levar and Sarah Benson
 
 
11
Marriage John Lockie and Annie Lane (nee Benson)
Marriage John Lockie and Annie Lane (nee Benson)
First Congregational Church, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada 
 
12
Marriage Register Alexander Westheider Gwendoline McEwan
Marriage Register Alexander Westheider Gwendoline McEwan
 
 
13
Marriage Register Isaiah and Ann Jaques nee Bromley
Marriage Register Isaiah and Ann Jaques nee Bromley
 
 
14
Marriage Register Israel and Martha Hargreaves nee Dodd
Marriage Register Israel and Martha Hargreaves nee Dodd
 
 
15
Marriage Register Wilmer Benson and Sarah Scates
Marriage Register Wilmer Benson and Sarah Scates
 
 
16
Marriage Thomas Lincoln Ann Chapman
Marriage Thomas Lincoln Ann Chapman
 
 
17
Marriage William Benson and Ann Mecham
Marriage William Benson and Ann Mecham
 
 
18
Marriage William King and Amelia Ann Benson
Marriage William King and Amelia Ann Benson
Marriage Register St Michael and All Angels, Bromley, Tower Hamlets, England 
 
19
St Johns, Parramatta, New South Wales
St Johns, Parramatta, New South Wales
St John's Cathedral is located is the oldest church site in Australia in continuous use. Its foundation stone was laid by Governor Hunter 1797. On 9 November 1802 Governor King declared that the church being built at Parramatta would be named as St John in honour of the former governor, John Hunter. Constructed on swampy land the church suffered from subsidence and between 1810 and 1817 major repairs were carried out and in 1819 the towers were added to the church. In 1841 the church was heavily damaged in a severe storm and funds were raised to begin a program of major restoration. 
 
20
St Phillips Church (1810-1856)
St Phillips Church (1810-1856)
The original St Phillips was built by orders of the colony's first chaplain, the Reverend Richard Johnson, using convict labour in June 1793. The wattle and daub construction church was later burnt down by convicts in 1798. The second St Phillips was made from poor materials and had a 150-feet high, round clock tower unfortunately it gained a reputation as "the ugliest church in Christendom".  
 
21
St Phillips Church Sydney (1810-1856)
St Phillips Church Sydney (1810-1856)
The original St Phillips was built by orders of the colony's first chaplain, the Reverend Richard Johnson, using convict labour in June 1793. The wattle and daub construction church was later burnt down by convicts in 1798. The second St Phillips was made from poor materials and had a 150-feet high, round clock tower unfortunately it gained a reputation as "the ugliest church in Christendom".  
 
22
St. Johns Church of England, Parramatta
St. Johns Church of England, Parramatta
On 9 November 1802 Governor King declared that the church being built at Parramatta would be named as St John in honour of the former governor, John Hunter. The new St John's was opened on 10 April 1803 when Reverend Marsden performed Divine Service for the first time, the church was described as being sizeable, handsome and well finished though the pews were to yet to be installed. The original Church was stuccoed brick and was more than likely built by convict labourers. Due to drainage problems the church was under a state of constant repair and alteration and in 1841 the church was heavily damaged after a fierce storm and a program of major restoration was commenced.